The Official Site of The Commonwealth of Virginia

Timber Harvest Inspections

Manage Now

Department of Forestry

The Virginia Department of Forestry (DOF) protects and develops healthy, sustainable forest resources for Virginians.

Agency Info

More than 5,000 commercial timber harvests are conducted in Virginia each year, and the staff at the VDOF inspects each one multiple times to ensure no damage is being done to the water courses of the Commonwealth. Timber harvest professionals employ best management practices that result in more than 98 percent compliance. VDOF inspectors work with loggers to bring the other 2 percent into compliance or they cite the offenders for violations of the Water Quality Law.

Need Help With This Service?

For additional help regarding this service, please contact Department of Forestry.


Related Services